As a senior, this is the most exciting moment of your life, your last year in grade school. You have the opportunity to take your final high school pictures to show everyone that you made it. The question is, how can you get the pictures at the best quality possibly? It takes some careful investigation and preparation.
I have 10 tips that can help you find the photographer you want, who will take pictures that say “Wow!”
- Browse – It is important to have an idea of the photography style that you like the best. This knowledge comes from researching and observing many different photos.
- As for Full Inventory – As you browse, make sure that you ask for samples of complete senior photography sessions. This will help you check the photographers’ consistency and variety. A photographer can take many photos but if you do not ask to see an entire session, they may just only display to you the best of the bunch.
- Sync – Find a photographer you can relate to. Your level of comfort during a photo shoot is the number-one most important asset if you want to have great, relaxed photographs.
- Service – Although you may want excellent photos, find a photographer that has great customer service. Great customer service can include anything from emergency kits during the session to making sure your hair and clothes are just right. It’s anything that helps you enjoy your session and not worry about it.
- Survey – Take a survey so that you and the photographer can get to know one another. This will help you and the photographer make photos that best reflect you.
- Parental Involvement – Parents generally have different taste and they usually know what outfits will stand the test of time. So listen to you parents and at least try one outfit of their choosing to wear in a photo.
- Be Outfit-Savvy – The main thing you need to do is to try your outfits on ahead of time and be yourself. This helps you and the photographer find a better shot and it increases the variety of looks available.
- Attention to Details – Do not rush through your senior portraits. Before you get to your session make sure everything is in order so that the session can run as smoothly as possible. Girls should handle all beauty apparel at least a week before the session.
- Looking to the End – What do you want to take home with you? Your photographer should have a variety of portrait products ranging from traditional photos to images for Facebook.
- Compromise – Remember that your senior photography choices don’t depend solely on your desires. Who is paying for the photography? If your parents are, you should definitely consider their thoughts, which may include a certain type of product they want, their favorite pose and, of course, the budget. Every thought counts so make the most of the moment and be smart.
To the Top of Senior Portrait Tips