One of the most iconic locations & well known wedding & event venues in Raleigh is the Angus Barn. Established in 1960, the Angus Barn, located on Glenwood avenue near RDU airport, has not only survived hurricanes, a massive fire, and multiple economic challenges, but thrived. While it’s a well know as a fine dining restaurant that seats over 275 people, your Angus Barn wedding has multiple options for ceremonies and receptions. You can elect to use their beautiful outdoor pavilion which is separate from the main restaurant, their wine cellar or find something creative that fits your needs.
Angus Barn Pavilion Wedding
The Pavilion is a rustic barn venue with removable doors perfect for indoor/outdoor events, wedding ceremonies & receptions. The Pavilion is separated from the main restaurant, giving you a feeling of intimacy and comes with ample parking. The outdoor ceremony space is located on the edge of a pond. The entire area is raised and on stone pavers, giving you the natural beauty of being right next to the water without the mud.
The pavilion itself is constructed with rough sawn wooden beams, warm twinkle lights throughout, a massive double sided fireplace, oversized leather furniture, dressing rooms for the bride & groom, a built in retractable screen & projector and a big ass fan (don’t blame me, that’s the company name).
The pavilion grounds feature:
- Bocci Ball
- A rustic antique white metal gazebo
- Large brick fire pit surround by rocking chairs
- Multiple citronella torches for insect control
- The large pavilion itself for your ceremony or reception with seating from 200+.
- The amazing cuisine & service the Angus Barn is famous for.
Angus Barn Wine Cellar wedding
- The cellar is indoors, in the basement of the main restaurant.
- You access the cellar either through the kitchen area or a seperate outside entrance.
- Gigantic one piece wooden dining table
- Features 2 private dining rooms adjacent to their world famous cellar.
- Each private room has their own staff and bar
- Seating for 25 or 40 people depending on your needs.
Having photographed in both locations for Angus Barn weddings and events, I can assure you regardless of the size or scope of your event your time spent here will have you coming back for more. There is a very simple reason this is one of the premiere Raleigh wedding & reception spaces on the east coast and WHY it’s so well known – the service & the food.
The Angus Barn Wedding Experience
What makes Angus barn events different than many other venues is easy to see. Every employee has been empowered to take care of anything you need. Whether you are a restaurant patron, a wedding guest or just visiting the Wild Turkey lounge, you will receive the same level of outstanding service. Their staff is dedicated to insuring your experience here is one to remember.
If you’d like to learn more about our wedding photography services at the Angus barn, please reach out to us!